19 December 2017

Letter From Gallatin





A letter* in the Landon Duncan (1786-1867) Papers (1814-37, n.d., Ms97-023) held at Virginia Tech excerpted below:

*December 19, 1836. Letter from Jane H. Threves near Gallatin, Tennessee, to her cousin Hiram Duncan of Stokes County, North Carolina.

Sir...we liv 15 miles from gallatin I am the youngs daughter of Owen White...my olds brother Thompson livs in the west end of this state...you wrote about uncle benjamin he is living 8 miles north of Huntsville Madison County Alabama we recd a letter from his son petter...

I wish you to write to me & let me know about all my relations write about Aunt Cloah & Susan & your father...My Mother wishes to be remberd to her brother an all her relation & to hear often from them I bid you a due Jane H Threves
Landon Duncan Letters, Ms1997-023, Special Collections, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va.


No comments: