15 September 2017

Will Of William D. Jones



Will of William D. Jones

In the name of God Amen” I William D. Jones,” of Charleston near Lonaconing Allegany County,” in the State of Maryland,” Being sick and weak in body,” And of sound and disposing mind memory and understanding considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of the time thereof” And being desirous to settle my worldly affairs; and thereby be the better prepared to leave this world when it shall please God to call me hence,” do therefore make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say…………………
First and principally I commit my soul into the hands of Almighty God and my body to the earth to be decently buried at the discretion of my executor hereinafter named, “ after my debts and funeral charges are paid; I devise and bequeath as follows I give and devise and bequeath unto my dear wife Margaret all my real estate and personal property of every kind and description which I own or possessed at the time of my death wheresoever located; during her natural life And from and after her death I give devise and bequeath unto my children as follows “to wit” Joseph Porter, John T. Porter, Henry Porter, Eliza McFadyen wife of James - Ruth Hyde, Sarah Frye - Cinderella Moran; Margaret E. Rowan, William D. Jones Junior, James L. Jones, Edward W. Jones and Hattie Dawson to be divided, share and share alike between all the above named children and step children without preference to none; of them and lastly, I do hereby constitute and appoint Joseph Porter to be my sole executor of this my last will and testament revoking and annulling all former Wills by me heretofore made ratifying and confirming this and none other to be my last Will and Testament;
                 In testimony whereof I hereto set my hand and seal this Tenth day of December 1895 AD;    
                  William D. Jones (Signature)
Signed, sealed, published and declared by the above named William D. Jones as and for his last will and testament; in our presence, who, at his request, in his presence and in presence of each other, have hereto set our hands as witnesses hereto;

1. C.S. Murphy
2. Thomas Connor, Sr.
3. Joseph Dick
=========================
To Margaret Jones                 widow                                                       $49.85

       Statement of Executor
Showing Real Property belonging to estate, subject to collateral Tax.
 In order to put upon record the condition of the estate and to collect the collateral tax thereon from Joseph Porter, John T. Porter, Henry Porter and Eliza McFadyen, stepchildren of deceased, This executor makes return of the appraised value ($1200.00) of the real estate returned to the Orphans’ Court in Inventory filed April 9th, 1897, of record in Inventories Liber No. 3 Folio 31, one third of the same being subject to collateral tax.. $400.00
Less State collateral tax of 2 ½%                                                                        10.00
                                                                                                                         $390.00

No comments: