28 November 2013

Hydes In Sedleys' English Will


An article in The New England historical and genealogical register (1895)Genealogical Gleanings From England, included the will of William Sedley (among many others).  The surname Hyde caught my eye in this selection.

"William Sedley, son of John Sedley of Southflete, Kent, Esq., 28 November 1553, proved 4 December 1555. My body to be buried in the Church of Southflete whereas my father, my mother and my wife are buried and " withe suche service as shalbe used to be doon in the churche for deade folkes... ."

....To John Sedley, my eldest son, Robert Sedley r my second son, Nicholas Sedley, my youngest son, my sister Dorothy, my daughter Hyde and my daughter Elizabeth...

To my son Thomas Hide and to Frances Hyde his wife, my daughter, during their natural lives and the longer liver of them, an annuity of five pounds a year that I have out of his manor of Willesthorne, Herts, and after their decease the said annuity to remain to George Hyde their son &c. remainder to the right heirs of the said Fiances for ever.

Nicholas Hyde was mentioned in aNicholas Sedley's will as his godson.




No comments: