25 March 2010

Cousin M. George Allen

My Dad's cousin, M. George Allen (his mother was Addie Powers), was an enthusiastic researcher late in life. He posted this query looking for his Allen relatives in Cayuga County, New York, on September 26, 2001. He died on 29 October 2001.


The picture above was taken when George and his wife, Dorothy, were returning to California from a genealogical trip to New York, and stopped to visit Dorothy's relatives who lived in my Oscoda, Michigan, neighborhood.

It was George Allen who sent me one of my most prized genealogical possessions: A picture of John & Mary (Agnes) Kennedy. Keeping the search for George's paternal relatives alive is my way of repaying his kindness as well as expanding the family tree.

Here is the obituary of M. George Allen's grandfather, William Smith Allen.

No comments: