The older lady (seated) is Ellen (Davey) Murphy. She is surrounded by all her children*. So far we know the young woman in the back on the left is Sarah Agnes. It is suspected that the woman in the back on the very right is Mary. [Photograph probably taken in Detroit, Michigan].
A big thank you to Kathleen who sent the photo and provided the information.
- Ellen Murphy b: Jul 1859 in Canada
- Timothy Murphy b: 1858 in Canada
- Mary Murphy b: 11 May 1863 in Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
- Patrick Henry Murphy b: 19 Mar 1861 in Canada
- Catherine Murphy b: 1865 in Canada
- James Murphy b: 1867 in Canada
- John Murphy b: 1870 in Canada
- Daniel Murphy b: Oct 1874 in Canada
- Sarah Agnes Murphy b: Nov 1876 in Canada
There are five male children listed above and six males in the photo -- son-in-laws, or am I missing a son?
If anyone can verify who is whom (or wants to make an educated guess!), please post a comment.
The oldest child, Ellen Murphy, is my grandkids' 3rd great-grandmother.
Update: The person who sent the photo to me said that I was missing a son, Thomas (1870-1909); and also that the picture was showing a broken link -- hopefully it's fixed (October 14th).