23 September 2013

Will of Katherine C. (McFadyen) Duckworth


Note: Katherine (McFadyen) Duckworth was the sister of Jim's ancestor, James C. McFadyen.

I, Katherine C. Duckworth of Brookside Farms, Bridgeville, Pennsylvania, being of sound mind, memory, and understanding, do make, publish, and declare the following to be my last will and testament.

After the payment of all my just debts and funeral expenses, I give and bequeath to my niece, Mrs. Margaret Addleman, residing at the above mentioned Brookside Farms, all the rest and residue of my savings and checking account, --number One thousand, one hundred (#1113) and thirteen,--deposited in the Yough Trust Company, Connellsville, Pennsylvania.

I give and bequeath to Mrs. Dorcas Norton, widow of Mr. Lester Norton, residing at Number 215 Carnegie Avenue, Connellsville, Pennsylvania, the sum of One Hundred ($100.00) Dollars in cash, but in case she dies before me, said bequest is to lapse, and said sum of money is hereby bequeathed to the above mentioned Mrs. Margaret Addleman.

I give and bequeath to the Christian Womens Board of Missions, of the Christian Church of Connellsville, Pennsylvania, of which I am a life-member, the sum of Fifty ($50.00) Dollars, to be expended as such Board sees fit; and I herein give the bequeath to the Martha Norton Bible Class, of the same Church, of which I am an organized--member, the sum of Fifty ($50.00) Dollars.

I give and bequeath to the Yough Trust Company a corporation organized under the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, and doing in business in Connellsville, of said State, the sum of One Hundred ($100.00) Dollars in cash, to be held in trust, the interest therefrom at six (6%) per-cent,---less the business charge of five (5%) per-cent of said Trust Company on the annual dividend,---is to be paid to the Chestnut Hill Cemetary [sic], incorporated in the Common Pleas Court of Fayette County, Pennsylvania, and doing business in said City of Connellsville, of which the Officers are now, Charles H. Whitely, President and Charles E. DeMuth, Secretary and Treasurer, to be appropriated and expended on the care and up-keep of the family plot in said Chestnut Hill Cemetary [sic].

All the rest and residue of my property, both real, personal, and mixed, of which I may be in possession and seized of at the time of my death, I hereby bequeath and devise to my above mentioned niece, Mrs. Margaret Addleman.  Lastly, I do hereby appoint the above mentioned, Mrs. Margaret Addleman, and Mr. Charles Addleman, her husband, residing at the aforesaid Brookside Farms, Executors, each without Bonds, of this my last will and testament.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and seal this Twenty Third day of September A. D. Nineteen Hundred and Twenty.

Mrs. Katherine C. Duckworth (Seal)

Signed, sealed, published, and declared by the above-mentioned Katherine C. Duckworth as and for her last will and testament, in the presence of us, who at her request, and in her presence, and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses thereto.

John Martin, Henry Ley, Frank J. Bradley

There were also interrogatories of the subscribing witnesses for the last will and testament of Mrs. Katherine C. Duckworth, deceased, 27 December 1921.

No comments: