.... and Abstract Facts, including:
BEECH: Village at what is today the Beech Daly crossing of the Detroit, Grand Rapids & Western Railroad north of Plymouth Road. Albert Fisher ran the general store, Dunning, Fisher & Rhode operated the sawmill. Village was originally called Fishers. Railroad station was called Fishers Station. Post office named Beech opened Dec. 4, 1871; Albert Fisher was first postmaster. Village was platted January 1872. Post office operated until Sept. 17,1906. (Michigan Place Names)
BELGRADE: Original name of the village of Delray. Village was centered at West Jefferson and West End (continuation of Springwells) in what is now southwest Detroit. The area was then part of Ecorse Township. The area was first platted and recorded as Belgrade Sept. 10, 1836. Replatted and rerecorded as Delray Oct. 14, 1851. Detroit annexed village in 1906.
Lots of other information included.