28 November 2009

Pearl (Zimmerman) Desy

From the Flint [Michigan] Journal:

The 1930 census revealed three things about Pearl (Zimmerman) Desy that I did not previously know. Her husband's first name was Eugene; the family, including Pearl's mother, Louisa (Breithaupt) Zimmerman, lived in San Antonio, Texas, in 1930, and both of her daughters were born in Texas. Pearl's oldest daughter was raised by Pearl's brother & sister-in-law, Angus & June (Powers) Zimmerman (June was my great-aunt).

Eugene Desy, Pearl's husband died in San Antonio, Texas, on 22 August 1938 (at Footnote.com). Did he stay behind or move back to Texas after Pearl died in Flint, Michigan? Eugene was the son of Come & Virginia Desy, both born in Quebec, Canada. He first married Rachel Davenport; she was listed on the "Durant Roll" of Ottawa & Chippewa Indians (Mac band) here.

Pearl was buried in Lakeview Cemetery, Mackinaw City, Michigan (See gravestone here).

5 comments:

John Marsh said...

My name is John Marsh. Eugene (Sunday) Desy was my grandfather's brother. I would like very much to have contact with you.

John Marsh

John Marsh said...

I am not suremy email address will show up on my first comment. It is:
marshes2@sbcglobal.net

John Marsh

Unknown said...

My name is Holly Myers. Eugene (Sunday) Desy was my grandfather. My mother is the youngest of the two daughters that he and Pearl had.

PalmsRV said...

Hi Holly,

I think I found your mother in the 1940 census yesterday!

Cathy

John Marsh said...

Hi Holly,

I have lost contact with your mother and your aunt who are my mother's first cousins. Please contact me. marshes2@sbcglobal.net
I have to run right now but will reply as soon as I can.
John Marsh (your second cousin)